WSS & Jordan VI “Carmine” Launch Event
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: Open to legal Southern California residents of the United States who are fifteen (15) years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees and their immediate family members (parent, siblings, children and spouse, and persons residing in the same household whether related or not) of WSS (“Sponsor”), and their respective parent and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and all other companies associated with the WSS Jordan Launch Event (“Sweepstakes”), and their respective agents, officers, and directors, and all individuals, including, but not limited to, consultants, independent contractors, so-called “temporary employees,” former employees and interns (and their immediate family members) who have, within the past six months, performed services for Sponsor or Co-Sponsor are not eligible to enter or win. Void outside of Southern California. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Sweepstakes Period: WSS & Jordan Sweepstakes begins on Wednesday May 21, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. PDT and ends on Friday, May 23, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. PDT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor, Sweepstakes Administrator, or Sponsor’s designee shall be the determiner of all Sweepstakes-related time periods.
3. How to Enter:
(i) Via Online: Submissions will take place online at http://www.shopwss.com/air-jordan-launch-party/. You, as the entrant, must enter your full name, shoe size, email, phone number, and zip code.
(ii) Register for the WSS rewards card at any WSS store and you are automatically enter to win. Existing members check in at Store Kiosk. All entries become the property of the Sponsor (WSS) and will not be acknowledged or returned.
All incomplete or late entries are deemed null and void. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor, and receipt of entries will not be acknowledge or returned. Entrant can choose to enter online or via the in-store kiosk but cannot do both. Should entrant enter at both points of entry, only one will be counted toward the sweepstakes.
Each entrant that submits an entry via online who checks the opt-in box at the time of entry agrees to receive special offers by email from WSS. Such offers will be sent to the email address provided at the time of entry. Entrant’s consent is not a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes and entrant can opt to stop receiving such emails from WSS at any time by following details in the Terms/Privacy page on http://www.shopwss.com/service/terms/
4. How to Win: Winners will be selected from all eligible entries in a random drawing to take place on Friday, May 23, 2014. Prize winners will be notified by telephone at Sponsor’s discretion within twenty-four (24) hours of said drawing. Upon receiving notification, winner must reply to Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee within twenty-four (24) hours of said notification, or Sponsor may award the prize to the next eligible entrant.
5. Prizes: Blake Griffin and Chris Paul autographed memorabilia.
Prizes are subject to change.
Total ARV of all combind prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes: $2,500.00 (subject to change).
Odds of Winning: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor as described in Section 3 above.
Awarding of a prize does not constitute the respective entities’ affiliation with, or endorsement of, the Sweepstakes. Prizes are subject to additional restrictions below.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES AND FEES, INCLUDING INCOME TAX, SALES TAX, AND ANY OTHER EXPENSES ARISING OUT OF THE RECEIPT AND USE OF THE PRIZES, ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
Any difference between the stated estimated value of a prize and its actual value will not be awarded. Winner agrees to accept prizes “as is.”
6. Restrictions: Winner must be fifteen (15) years of age. Prizes are nonrefundable and nontransferable. Prizes are not replaceable if lost, damaged or stolen. Sponsor is not required to (but may at its sole discretion) offer any substitutions, cash redemptions, or alternative to the prizes awarded under this Sweepstakes. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for canceled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled games. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event a prize is unavailable. Recipient of the prizes must have a U.S. mailing address. All prizes awarded are subject to the restrictions and limitations noted in these Official Rules.
7. General Entry Rules: Any individual or entrant who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, entry under multiple identities or accounts, and/or uses multiple computers, multiple wireless accounts or any automated software program to manipulate or create multiple entries, or uses any other device, method, or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by the Sponsor or Sweepstakes Administrator, will be disqualified. Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to review and investigate all entries and to take any and all measures it deems necessary to ensure a fair Sweepstakes. Mutilated, edited, lost, illegible, or incomplete entries will be deemed ineligible, disqualified and void. “Authorized wireless account” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a telephone number by a telephone company, wireless service provider, Internet access provider, Internet service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses, telephone numbers or wireless phone numbers for the telephone exchange associated with the submitted telephone number/email address or the domain associated with the submitted telephone, as applicable.
Sponsor, together with any Co-Sponsor, and Sweepstakes Administrator and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers (including all prize providers), printers, and distributors, and the respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents of each and any other person or entity related in any way to this Sweepstakes (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”), are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, or damaged entries or for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error that may occur in winner notification or other Sweepstakes-related communications, or the processing, review, or tabulation of the entries in this Sweepstakes, or for any printing errors in these Official Rules. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
If for any reason (including infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, network or other technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes) the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these Official Rules, Sponsor shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and select the winner from entries received prior to the action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE ANY FRAUDULENT ENTRIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. At Sponsor’s sole discretion, entrants and/or winners who do not comply with these Official Rules or otherwise attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way may be disqualified.
ALL DECISIONS BY SPONSOR ARE FINAL. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, DO NOT ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
8. Release and Indemnification: By entering, entrants and winner agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, together with any Co-Sponsor and Sweepstakes Administrator, which shall be final for all purposes hereunder, and agree: (1) Sweepstakes Entities may use (unless prohibited by law) their names, likenesses, images, photographs, voices, cities/states of residence, biographical information and the prizes for advertising, trade and promotion in any media or format now or hereafter known, including on the Internet or via wireless application protocol, without further compensation, permission or notification, except where prohibited by law; and (2) to release, hold and indemnify Sweepstakes Entities, harmless from and against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of either (i) entrants’ participation in the Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related activity; or (ii) the receipt, possession, or use or misuse of the prizes awarded in the promotion, including but not limited to any claims for damage to property, personal injury or death, or claims based on defamation, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or merchandise delivery. Winner may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release or prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate.
9. Miscellaneous Conditions: Except to the extent pre-empted by federal or other applicable state law, the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between entrant and Sponsor, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the County of Los Angeles, State of California, having competent jurisdiction, which court shall apply the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof. Any personal information supplied by any entrant to Sweepstakes Entities will be subject to Sponsor’s privacy policies posted athttp://www.shopwss.com/service/privacy/.
10. General Release. Each entrant hereby waives application of California Civil Code Section 1542 which provides as follows:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
Entrant expressly waives the provisions of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code as well as any other statutes, rules, laws, ordinances, or common law principles or other authority of similar effect of any jurisdiction, and further waives any right to invoke said provisions now or in the future with regard to the Sweepstakes and the winner further acknowledge and agree that this waiver is an essential and material term of these Official Rules and the Sweepstakes.
11. Winner’s List and Official Rules: You may request the name of the winner and/or Official Rules by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by June 1, 2014 to: WSS, 13425 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90061. Attn: WSS Jordan VI Carmine Sweepstakes.
12. Sponsor: WSS, 13425 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90061.